It has not been an easy roll out, but we continually asking for changes to better its operation.
ATE EasyConnect FAQs
(as put together by Amy Chevis – SCEOT President
with input by all other SCDSB Union Presidents)
- How does the Easy Connect System Work? This is available in the employee manuals and can be found on the staff website under board (top right) and then ATE EasyConnect (left hand side) and you will find it on the right of that page.
- How do requests work? This information is available in the employee manuals. Please be advised that due to a large number of unfilled positions (both in teaching and non-teaching) the Board needs to make some temporary changes to the call out system (until ATE develops some new programming changes for mid-December). We are temporarily changing this to calling one person/night until 2 nights before the assignment at which time it contacts anyone who is available. This will mean that if a person is requested 2 days prior to the assignment (or less), the requested person will only have 3 minutes to accept the position if a call is missed before others are contacted. Once the new programming has been developed, requested individuals will have substantially more time to accept the vacancy and vacancies without a requested person will call multiple people on the first call out.
- What time does the system start calling? This is available in the occasional manual for EasyConnect and can be found on the staff website under board (top right) and then ATE EasyConnect (left hand side) and you will find it on the right of the page. Each employee group is different.
- 3 minutes isn’t enough to pick up a missed call? This issue will be addressed and rectified in mid-December with the new programming regarding requests when they are entered and prior to the call out period.
- Why can I see jobs on the job board outside of ‘the day of’ timeline? The job board should not be in use outside of ‘the day of’ timeline and this feature will be disabled in the new-year so that jobs are only available on the job board on the day of the assignment.
- If I cancel an assignment in one panel (ex. Elementary), am I blocked from the job board for secondary as well? Yes, however, you are still eligible to receive calls to accept (as long as that is not a violation of the collective agreement (SCEOT)). They are working on correcting this issue, if possible.
- How far in advance can I accept an assignment? Jobs will begin calling out 21 calendar days in advance of the assignment.
- I have concerns with the amount of information on absence emails. - Occasional teacher’s phone number is included in filled absence emails. The intent of this is only in the case of an administrator needing to contact the OT. Reasons/details for absence – this is an open ended text box and members should be careful as to what they include as it will be able to be viewed by everyone who receives the absence email.
- Pay percentages (%) - This is regarding Secondary Occasional teacher’s pay only and is not always reliable as to what you will be paid for an assignment. They are going to see if this piece can be simply be removed.
- Members cannot make themselves unavailable or change their phone number with ATE via phone, only online. At this time, ATE is focused on the mobile/web site as this, they say, is the direction users and technology are going. If members wish to change their phone number via phone, rather than online, they can contact the ATE help desk to revise their phone number.
- Why can’t I pick up a request as soon as it is entered? This will/should go live December 11th , 2017. Once it’s live, you would get a call or text message and an email and be the only one who can accept the assignment for up to 48 hours (the equivalent of 2 call-out periods) before contacting other members.
- Why can’t we cancel assignments? Once in place permanent employees will be able to cancel filled assignments once it has been implemented on __?______
- Why don’t I get a call if an assignment is cancelled? We created a ticket to notify via phone or text if an absence is cancelled. This is a big feature so it will take time to code (months). This feature is presently scheduled for Apply To Education’s Q1 of 2018, so by the end of March.
- Why can’t teachers see that I am already booked for an assignment when they try to request me? This has been a frustration zone for all involved. The Board has created a ticket to track this feature request and it is scheduled for release in late December or January.
- Why can’t I see if jobs have been validated? This feature is scheduled for Q1 2018, so probably by the end of March.
- Have the start times for schools changed from last year? Yes, the start times for each school include fifteen (15) minutes prior to the bell in the morning (Education Act) and zero (0) minutes prior to start time in the afternoon. The end-time of assignments are attached to the end of the school day.
- Why can’t I enter a ‘do not call time?’ This feature is not available in ATE.
- FSL and EFSL assignments now include the division of the assignment in the call out.